Sunday, May 5, 2013

April Booklist

From a "green theme" in March to "going green" in April . . .




Mother Earth and Her Children: A Quilted Fairy Tale by Sibylle von Olfers
This book explores the changing seasons and delicately touches upon the circle of life.  Beautiful book. 







Handmade quilt in the style of the book,  Mother Earth and Her Children by Sibylle von Olfers, made by Kindergarten students at Beacon Heights Elementary School in Salt Lake City, Utah 

 The Earth and I by Frank Asch
This story celebrate the friendship that one child has with the Earth.  I am obsessed with this book and it's amazing illustrations!
 
 
The Earth Book by Todd Par
"I take care of the earth because I know I can do little things everyday to make a BIG difference."
 
 
The Peace Book by Todd Par
The concept of peace can be difficult to understand but Todd Par does a great job explaining it.  For example: Peace is wishing on a star.  
 
 
Earth Day - an alphabet book by Gary Kowalski
From apricots to groundhogs to junebugs!
 
 
Our Class is Going Green
by Kindergarten students, Oak Park Elementary School, Bartlesville, OK
Get this and see how Kindergarten students created a book about "going green."  I haven't tried this yet, but I am definitely going to!  I love the content, the illustrations (So childlike!) and the fact that they did it themselves!


No comments:

Post a Comment